The powerful digital processing platform of Vivaldi Transport is based around Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) chips, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) chips and a microcontroller system. All of these use code developed and maintained in house by dCS. Vivaldi Transport represents true state-of-the-art in digital audio by offering twice the logic capacity of previous generations, delivering unmatched sonic and measured performance.
In order to enhance the cleanness of the power supply and isolate the mechanism from the electronics Vivaldi Transport features a completely new chassis design that has separate power circuits for the digital processing and CD/SACD mechanism sections. This has resulted in near silent operation.
Vivaldi Transport features a Dual AES output that supports dCS-encrypted DSD (1 bit data at the rate of 2.822MS/s) to a dCS DAC from CD or SACD. Vivaldi Transport also offers the option of upsampling CD data to DXD (24 bit data at the rate of 352.8kS/s) and transmitting this data over the same Dual AES interface.
SACDs are played in their native DSD format, again using the Dual AES interface. Native CD data is available from 4 PCM outputs (1x AES/EBU and 2x SPDIF, 1x SDIF-2), as is down-sampled SACD data.
Vivaldi Transport is intended to be used with the matching Vivaldi DAC or with any suitable industry standard DAC. The unit may be run either in Master mode or with the DAC as the system clock. Performance will be enhanced further by adding Vivaldi Clock to the system.
The dCS ‘soft’ approach to programmable logic makes it extremely easy for users to update Vivaldi DAC software, whether adding new features, installing performance upgrades or adapting to changes in digital formats.
Used as part of a complete Vivaldi digital audio playback system Vivaldi Transport gives a performance of effortless realism each and every time.
- Utilising the latest generation dCS Digital Processing Platform which offers state of the art measured and musical performance
- Plays Red Book CDs in their native 16/44.1 format AND upsamples the data to either DSD or DXD.
- Plays SACDs in their native DSD format AND downsamples the data to CD format.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and improved tolerance to AC supply variations.
- Multi-stage regulation ensures sensitive analogue circuitry is not affected by digital interference.
- Features separate power circuits for the digital processing and CD/SACD mechanism sections to further enhance the power supply cleanliness.
- Aerospace grade machined aluminum chassis fitted with tuned acoustic damping panels reduce magnetic effects and vibration.