SCIENTIST SERIES – ULTRA MACHINE PLANCK
PLANCK is Audionet’s final statement re. the classical compact disc. No other machine on the market plays with such utmost precision, formidable ease and deep-rooted musicality. PLANCK even surpasses our worldwide successes VIP and ART.
Want to hear the music breathe? Here’s the best available lung on this planet:
The body construction completely made of non-ferromagnetic materials combined with a massive slate board optimizes the resonance characteristics of PLANCK. The new design with non-visible fixation screws and with a massive and solid aluminium cover pleases both eyes and ears alike.
Converting from digital to analog, newly developed discrete output modules with extremely fast, wide-band high-performance class A output drivers ensure the perfect sonic experience. The current-voltage converter comprises absolutely temperature stable and sonically neutral high-precision resistors.
Our high-precision clock generator eliminates the infamous jitter: PLANCK gets all music data at the right time and with its correct value. And the internal frequency compensation equipped with custom made mica capacitors of highest grade guarantees absolute precision in the analog domain.
Also, we gave the digital input section a completely new design. PLANCK uses the same outstanding USB Audio 2.0 technology as Audionet’s famous DNx machines:
- USB Audio 2.0 support up to 192 kHz / 24 bits.
- Asynchronous data connection and re-clocking ensuring a clean digital music signal.
- The USB Audio circuitry is completely galvanically isolated from the rest of the PLANCK. Therefore no harmful reactions apply from the PC and its “dirty” power supply.
- Separate and user-selectable electrical and optical digital inputs (SPDIF) – also using DNx technology and up to 192 kHz / 24 bit for enhanced playback of other digital sources.
In short: In PLANCK we tuned all relevant parts with scientific meticulousness and musical passion to achieve the ultimately possible sonic quantum leap.
Special features PLANCK
- Top loader, decoupling aluminium and slate body construction.
- Massive aluminium body, resonance-optimized fixation with invisible screws and Teflon bedded massive disc drawer cover made of 10 mm aluminium.
- Additional decoupling of the drive unit, PCBs and high precision clock generator by Audionet Aligned Resonance Technology.
- Reference drive unit CD-PRO 2LF on 8 mm Aluminium base.
- Adaptive high precision puck and puck mounting made of POM, toroid Neodym magnet.
- Completely separated power supplies for pickup and converter unit, digital and analog section.
- Completely DC-coupled, no capacitor in the signal path.
- Newly developed discrete output modules with extremely fast, wide-band high-performance Class A output drivers.
- Current-Voltage converter with absolutely temperature stable and sound neutral high-precision resistors and with custom made mica capacitors of highest grade for internal frequency compensation.
- D/A converter function with separate and user-selectable digital inputs: SPDIF electrical (Cinch) and optical (Toslink) as well as USB Audio 2.0 (USB type B socket).
- All digital inputs up to 192 kHz / 24 bit.
- Digital outputs SPDIF (electrical and optical) and AES/EBU output 44.1 KHz / 16 bit (for CD).
- Disengageable digital outputs.
- Remote power on/off via Audionet Link (optical cable).
- Professional concept of operations.
- Rhodium fuse.
- Dedicated WATT/PLANCK Audionet metal remote control in matching color.